Add/Remove SQL instance to AD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add/Remove SQL instance to AD

Hi,Can any one tell me what difference does it make to add SQL instance to AD ?. What does it happen if SQL instance is removed from AD ?.Regards,seal

Re: Add/Remove SQL instance to AD

SQL and AD are indepent.

SQL is database engine.
    AD is used to store information about the network resources across a domain and also centralize the network.

Comment

Thanks, alien_ri

That's what I thought, but I saw buttons on SQL 2000 instance property so as to add / refresh / remove SQL instance to AD. I just wonder what good does it do.

Regards,

Comment

The integration that you are referring too seems to simply be the ability to publish a SQL Server and its databases in Active Directory much like file shares or printers are. That seems to be a feature with limited usage as only applications that are designed to use AD to look for resources would be able to use it. Have a look at this article.
        Wesley David
        LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
        -------------------------------
        Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
        Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
        Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
        Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

Thanks Nanopeptide. That's help a lot

Comment

Originally posted by seal View Post
            Thanks Nanopeptide. That's help a lot
            You quite welcome. And please, no 's, only 's.
            Wesley David
            LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
            -------------------------------
            Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
            Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
            Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
            Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

Working...
            X