Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I locked myself out of my DNS server w/ a registry change.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I locked myself out of my DNS server w/ a registry change.

I did this a couple of years ago in response to a security bulliten. At the time I was convinced by the evidence and the case presented. I dont remember all of the details now, but I think back then I overreacted.

Here is what I cant do.
    I have 2 DCs that both run DNS. If I am on DC A I can open the DNS snap in and manage DNS for DC A. I see the snap in for DC B in DNS console on server A, but cannot access it from server A.

I can log on to server B and manage DNS on server B just fine, but cannot access server A. I did this with a registry tweak and want to turn it off where I can manage DNS on both servers regardless.

Does anyone have any clue what I am referring to and how to turn it back off in the registry. (i wish I could find my old notes) ARG!

Re: I locked myself out of my DNS server w/ a registry change.

Does anyone have any clue what I am referring to and how to turn it back off in the registry.
    Not exactly sure what you mean, but I'll have a stab. What about you either reset the SAM account on A & log onto the console of it & fix it up if its an access problem? If its a case of you cant remember what the registry entry was, can you do a search on A of the entire registry for the ip or the host name of server B?

Comment

Working...
    X