Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to hook my old administrator account to new domain ??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to hook my old administrator account to new domain ??

G'Day All,

My query is very simple. I have recently uninstalled my AD from Server 2K3. Now whenever I create a new domain, it creates a new administration account. Though my old (and original) administrator account is still intact and has all my settings etc. Now I want to connect this old administrator to my new DC. How can we go about it ?

Regards

Anshu

Re: How to hook my old administrator account to new domain ??

Aren't you talking about the profile?
    Marcel
    Technical Consultant
    Netherlands
    http://www.phetios.com
    http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
    "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
    "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Yes you are right, I should have used the profile for better understanding.

Comment

When a users logs onto a machine it creates a profile and a registry key (among other things) that show where the users profile is situated. You can change the reg key so when you log on you are using a different one.

Browse in the registry to "HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Windows NT/Current Version/ProfileList/" and you can see all of the profiles. You need to find both the one you are currently using (your new username) and the old one. The basic idea is to change your new users "ProfileImagePath" so it matches the old users path (copy and paste works well here). You will also need to reset permissions on this folder (and subfolders/files) so your new account has full control.
        Once done you should be able to log on using the new profile.

You can also try copying the old profile to another path as well to save changing the original.
        cheers
        Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Working...
        X