Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adprep failure

I'm running adprep from the win2k8 cd..

I'm attempting to add a few win2k8 DCs to the domain.

Here is the error I get from the adprep.log, unfortunately I can't figure out what exactly I can do about it not being able to find a tmp file!?

Adprep was unable to complete because the call back function failed.

[Status/Consequence]

Error message: Error(110) while running ""C:\WINDOWS\system32\LDIFde.exe" -o ObjectGuid -d "CN=msMQ-Group-Display,CN=401,CN=DisplaySpecifiers,CN=Configurati on,DC=domain,DC=local" -u -f "C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\1\TMP29.tm p" -j "C:\WINDOWS\debug\adprep\logs\20080916112019" -s nyacct.domain.local". Could not move file C:\WINDOWS\debug\adprep\logs\20080916112019\LDIF.e rr to C:\WINDOWS\debug\adprep\logs\20080916112019\Displa ySpecifierUpgradeLdifError.001.txt. The system cannot find the file specified.

(0x80070002).

[User Action]

Check the log file ADPrep.log, in the C:\WINDOWS\debug\adprep\logs\20080916112019 directory for more information.

Adprep was unable to update forest information.

[Status/Consequence]

Adprep requires access to existing forest-wide information from the schema master in order to complete this operation.

[User Action]

Check the log file, ADPrep.log, in the C:\WINDOWS\debug\adprep\logs\20080916112019 directory for more information.

any ideas?

Re: adprep failure

A quick google shows a few things of which this is one:
    http://forums.techarena.in/server-migration/926600.htm

Did you bounce the schema master beforehand?
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

thanks for the link from google, I had done some searching and realized there wasn't much out there..

anyhow I did resolve the issue, basically I transferred all of the FSMO roles to another DC, one that wasn't doing anything other than being a DC.. ADPREP ran fine and everything appears to be working at the moment.

Comment

Glad it worked. I had something similar with Exchange 2007 schema updates so would have been interesting to see if a reboot or similar would have helped.
        cheers
        Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Working...
        X