Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gpo administrator lock out

hello

i have a network that contain only 2 servers.

both servers have ts and dc installed.

i have a gpo that is lock out every user after 5 attempts to connect to the servers.

i need to find a way that the GPO will not be able to lock out the administrator.

thank you.

Re: gpo administrator lock out

if I am not mistaking all policies regarding Password/user lockout are per domain and nothing to do with OUs/Users/Groups.
    what you maybe could try is add the administrators group to the security filtering of that GPO and deny access.

Comment

your administrator account gets locked out? It didnt realise it could happen.

Comment

The Administrator (as opposed to any old Domain Admin) cannot ever get locked out.
        This is why renaming it is a good idea as hackers can target that account until the cows come home.
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Akila rote
          "what you maybe could try is add the administrators group to the security filtering of that GPO and deny access"

it is working only on user policy .
          it is not working on computer policy.

i dont have a user with the name administrator

i have a user with different name and the user belongs to the administrators GRP and this user can be lockout

Comment

Originally posted by oru85 View Post
            Akila rote
            i have a user with different name and the user belongs to the administrators GRP and this user can be lockout
            We have the same problem Sir. Im still observing my account now. because what i did is blocked all inheritance to the OU where my account belong.
            Ronuel
            MCP
            There is only one way to find Out..Its to try it and/or Do it...

Comment

Working...
            X