No announcement yet.

AD consolidation

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AD consolidation

Hi all

I am new to this forum but a regural visitor at Petri, I need you expertise as I am proposing a project to consolidate the company's five separate domains.

I am wondering what would be the best model to go with, currently I can think of two models.
    First, create a new forest and put each separeate domain as child domain.
    Second, create a new domain and put the existing separate domains as new OUs in the new domain.

The link speed for replication isnot a problem and I am more concerned on which model is more effective to deploy new GPO and DNS as well as AD management. Exchange is not involved and permissions to access resources are handled by ScriptLogic Desktop Authority.

I need your input about the two options above on the pros and cons, if any other model that you can suggest that would be fantastic.

Much appreaciated on your thought.

Re: AD consolidation

one domain in one forest is the easy way to administrate l8er on the way, but it all depends on your companies needs including the names of the old domains, etc.

Thank you for your reply.
      I am thinking that is probably the best way to go to.
      I will research more in regard to the login from each site.

thanks again.

One thing to keep in mind is if different password policies are required, for business reasons, you will need to either keep separate domains, or invest in Windows 2008.
        VCP on vSphere (4), MCITP:EA/DBA, MCTS:Blahblah