Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to bind to DC from another site using LDP

Hey all,

I've been debugging an issue for the past couple of days where i couldn't access the admin$ share from 1 particualr site to another, all other sites can connect properly.

I've stumbled across this little error message when i was trying to connect to the server using LDP.

res = ldap_bind_s(ld, NULL, &NtAuthIdentity, 115; // v.3
    {NtAuthIdentity: User='administrator'; Pwd= <unavailable>; domain = 'DOMAINNAME'.}
    Error <85>: ldap_bind_s() failed: Timeout.
    Server error: <empty>
    Now i can connect to the server, ping using IP, NetBIOS and DNS, RDP but i cannot access any shares on any server in that office, nor vice versa.

I can connect successfully to the DC's on either site locally.

Please note that ALL other offices are connecting with no issues what so ever to either of the two affected servers.

I have had no reports of anomolies from either site and all users are being authenticated properly. No replication issues have cropped up either. DCDIAG and NETDIAG don't show any anomolies either.

Any one have any ideas???

Re: Unable to bind to DC from another site using LDP

try doing the following on the problematic machines.

1.1) Start Run Regedit
    2.2) Go to RegKey HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/System/CurrentControlSet/Services/Mup/Parameters
    3.3) Create new DWORD value named "EnableDfsLoopbackTargets" & Change the value to 1.

Comment

Re: Unable to bind to DC from another site using LDP

Originally posted by Akila View Post
      try doing the following on the problematic machines.

1.1) Start Run Regedit
      2.2) Go to RegKey HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/System/CurrentControlSet/Services/Mup/Parameters
      3.3) Create new DWORD value named "EnableDfsLoopbackTargets" & Change the value to 1.
      Cheers for that.

Didn't work though.

I started a continuos ping and tried again and it would seem that it knocks out the connection to that server but the network stays connected. Weird eh!!!!!

Anyway its the weekend now so i'll try on Monday again.

Comment

Working...
      X