Active Directory Export

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Active Directory Export

If I have a particular field lets say the attribule EmployeeId for example, how can I export the value of the EmployeeID for all users in the domain?

Thanks

Re: Active Directory Export

You may be able to us some of the following export parameters to narrow things down.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/237677

Otherwise, just export to .csv the entire file & just delete all other entries besides the name & the id you are after.

Comment

Originally posted by zoddy View Post
      If I have a particular field lets say the attribule EmployeeId for example, how can I export the value of the EmployeeID for all users in the domain?

Thanks
      here both in LDIF and CSV

csvde -f c:\temp\AllUsers.csv -p subtree -d DC=domain,DC=com -l EmployeeID -r "(&(objectCategory=Person)(objectClass=user))" -j c:\temp

ldifde -f c:\temp\AllUsers.ldf -p subtree -d DC=domain,DC=com -l EmployeeID -r "(&(objectCategory=Person)(objectClass=user))" -j c:\temp

Comment

Thats great, is there a way to just export the username and the Employee ID, it will take forever to clean up if not, thousands of users in different OUs

Cheers

Comment

use CSVDE, open it with Excel and just clean up with one click the fields you don't want.
          csvde -f c:\temp\AllUsers.csv -p subtree -d DC=domain,DC=com -l EmployeeID,samaccountname,displayname -r "(&(objectCategory=Person)(objectClass=user))" -j c:\temp

Comment

Use Adfind !

Just specify the LDAP filter for users, and list the attributes that you need. It exports to CSV, and you can feed the data to admod if you need to modify anything..

csvde is worthless !
            VCP on vSphere (4), MCITP:EA/DBA, MCTS:Blahblah

Comment

Working...
            X