Change settings under Restricted users account

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change settings under Restricted users account

I am looking for a way to quickly and easily be in a restricted users account as a admin and be able to change their settings with me being phycially at their machine without loging them out. restricted user meaning domain group policy applied to them so they can't get to control panel, command prompt ect. I know that you can do runas and get to control panel and such which works great for some things. but i would like a simular method to be able to change their internet and mail settings, and also run regedit with hkey user as their account. in case you dont know when you do run as on those settings they load the settings and applly the setting to the account you ran as - ie the admin account. i would like to be able to load the settings and apply the changes to the restriced users account. They one way i can do it now if by change the user to an unrestricted out temparally and putting them back and causing me to log in and out serveral times. any suggestions? I dont want any software packages looking for some way in windows to do it.
    MCSE 2000\2003, A+
    00000001-00000011-00000011-00000111

Hi pcking999,

Can you be more specific about user's internet and mail settings? In my opinion, those belong to users and they can customize them (unless you use mandatory profile)

By runnning explorer as admin you can change many user settings without logging them off (many but not all). You can read here

To change a specific user settings, you can always "load hive" from regedit. File - Load hive - Point to ntuser.dat under C:\Document and Settings\Username. If you want to load hive with GUI then you can download a free util from Doug

If you need additional information please let me know.

Regards,
    Teamwork

Comment

The most important thing is i would like to be able to change or at least see is their ie proxy settings. Also their Secuirty Settings in ie. Also their outlook mail setting specicially their profile settings.
      MCSE 2000\2003, A+
      00000001-00000011-00000011-00000111

Comment

Working...
      X