Trusts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trusts

ok - I need some help if any of you out there are able!

I have 3 domain controllers at 3 sites. they are a mix of 2000/2003. the time has come to trust these domains as we have finally implemented a VPN between the sites.

each domain controller has been built by different people over the years. I have limited experience with active directory and I'm a little stuck where to go from here. What I would like to have is 3 separate domains that simply trust one another. then I dont have to make a forrest with trees and child nodes etc. or is this not possible? must I make one of the DC's the 'primary' - then make the other machines part of the forrest?

I dont want people in siteA to log onto siteB. I dont even want to share printers etc between the sites. the only thing I need the trusts for is my backups. any machine I want to backup must be part of the same domain as the backup server in order for it to work.. so I was hoping I can just trust the domains.. then the backup server will allow access to the clients as theyre from a trusted domain.

any suggestions?

Re: Trusts

Originally posted by hammo
    I dont even want to share printers etc between the sites. the only thing I need the trusts for is my backups.
    I am not sure that establishing the trusts only for the backups to work is the right way to go.

What backup software do you use ? You should be able to sort this out at the backup application level.
    Guy Teverovsky
    "Smith & Wesson - the original point and click interface"

Comment

we are using Veritas Backup Exec 9.0

when adding backup jobs to BE the only way I know of to add a new server is using the template - you browse a network neighbourhood type screen to locate the destination server. you cant enter in the IP

I've sent Vereitas an email to see if there is another way. but this would be much easier if it can be done! thanks for the suggestion

Comment

Working...
      X