Problems with default user profile!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with default user profile!

Hello I'm new here and would like to thank everyone for the hard work to build this forum.

What I really want to ask is:

We have created a user profile in XP pro and copied this to the default user folder in the sysvol directory. We would like to have the same profile for everyone. The server we used is an Windows 2003 ent + Windows 2008 ent. Then the next thing happens:

We log on with a domain user, a new profile is created on the Xp pro (not the profile we copied in the sysvol). However, when we logoff and log back on the default profile is loaded this time. We would like to have the profile when we logon the first time (because we have 500 clients).

Almost forgot to tell: profile is mandatory.

Greetings

Re: Problems with default user profile!

I'm not quite sure about this as it's my understanding that a default user profile goes in the Netlogon share on one of your DC's (and then is replicated to other DC's). Where in sysvol did you put it?

Comment

Oeps, indeed a mistake! I did put it in the netlogon, not in the sysvol.

Comment

Originally posted by ilisoft View Post
        Hello I'm new here and would like to thank everyone for the hard work to build this forum.

What I really want to ask is:

We have created a user profile in XP pro and copied this to the default user folder in the sysvol directory. We would like to have the same profile for everyone. The server we used is an Windows 2003 ent + Windows 2008 ent. Then the next thing happens:

We log on with a domain user, a new profile is created on the Xp pro (not the profile we copied in the sysvol). However, when we logoff and log back on the default profile is loaded this time. We would like to have the profile when we logon the first time (because we have 500 clients).

Almost forgot to tell: profile is mandatory.

Greetings
        wow , you must have a lot of FRS replication between your DCs by doing that.
        every time some one access the file it would replicate the file and you might end up with Journal Warping on the SYSVOL, I would remove it from there.

Comment

Akila this is a feature where Windows will pull the Default User profile from SYSVOL instead of the local Default User profile. It's read once and never written to so it doesn't trigger any replication.

Comment

actually it does, every time you close a file it triggers the replication , other wise known as Suppressed Replication.
            never place a file in the SYSVOL that many users might access or you might get yourself into Journal Warping and other nasty stuff in the FRS.
            the FRS in Win2000/2003 is an old and not that efficient Replication System as opposed to the Win2008 DFSR

Comment

Originally posted by Akila View Post
              actually it does, every time you close a file it triggers the replication , other wise known as Suppressed Replication.
              never place a file in the SYSVOL that many users might access or you might get yourself into Journal Warping and other nasty stuff in the FRS.
              the FRS in Win2000/2003 is an old and not that efficient Replication System as opposed to the Win2008 DFSR
              Suppressed Replication is when the system detects nothing actually changed so it doesn't replicate anything out...

Comment

Really good info guys, but can we stay on topic please. Thanks.
                1 1 was a racehorse.
                2 2 was 1 2.
                1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
                X