Installation Active Directory Account

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installation Active Directory Account

I am looking for a way to configure an Active Directory account on a domain controller to allow a particular piece of printing software to be downloaded and managed with that account but that's it. I don't want this user account to be able to perform anything destructive to the domain controller.

Re: Installation Active Directory Account

Originally posted by Euphrates View Post
    I am looking for a way to configure an Active Directory account on a domain controller to allow a particular piece of printing software to be downloaded and managed with that account but that's it. I don't want this user account to be able to perform anything destructive to the domain controller.
    For anyone interested, based on the research I've done as well as best practices, it would be best not to perform this type of work on a DC. Is it possible? Possibly, but the fact is, it would probably required using GP to give an account with Administrative permissions less permissions in order to allow this to happen. It would be a time and resource intensive task.

Two options in my case are:

- Application Server (not likely for just a printer application)
    - Dedicated Workstation (best solution; can also use an already deployed workstation too!)

For anyone who may be in the same situation and looking for some guidance, I hope this information helps.

Comment

Re: Installation Active Directory Account

No, you can only do this with an account that is a member of the built in Adminstrators group (it will have admin rights on the server but not the domain).

Ideally you would have print servers on a member server rather than a DC.

Comment

Working...
      X