Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bypassing passfilt.dll for single accounts

Guys -

I think I know the answer to this, but I need to ask anyway.

We have implemented Microsoft's "Strong Passwords Required" feature on our Windows Server 2003 AD Domains (SP2, non-R2, Functional Level of domain and forest is Windows Server 2003). Today, someone reset the password of the Scanner device's FTP logon account (a domain account used by Scanner devices to feed scanned images to a DFS-based folder).

That wouldn't be a problem, except that (a) The old password was "never expire" and not a strong password, and (b) There are at least 97 scanners across about 40 sites all over the UK using the account. Because it's now been set to a "Strong" password, it cannot be reset back to the old one - so someone has to go around all those sites manually checking the scanners and changing the password they use to log in.

Is there any way to FORCE this account to accept a non-strong password, despite the setup of the domain?

Tom
    For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Re: Bypassing passfilt.dll for single accounts

No, only ways it to remove the policy change the password then put the policy back.

You could do this in 2008 though.

Comment

Re: Bypassing passfilt.dll for single accounts

That's the answer I expected... thanks!

Tom
      For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Working...
      X