Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domain controllers are not available in local site

Hi

I have four sites in my domain, because of some issues I shutdown domain controllers in my local site. How my local clients locate the domain controllers in other site.

Thanks

Sanjay

Re: Domain controllers are not available in local site

They use DNS to query for the nearest DC based on how you have things defined in Sites & Services.

Comment

I have one doubt in that as both of domain controllers goes down in my local site and these servers are also DNS servers. So how the DNS query helps them to locate the nearest DC.

Comment

It wont but you can add more than two DNS servers using the Advanced button on the TCP/IP properties sheet.

Comment

Originally posted by sanjay kaushik View Post
          I have one doubt in that as both of domain controllers goes down in my local site and these servers are also DNS servers. So how the DNS query helps them to locate the nearest DC.
          if those are the DNS servers that it won't make a difference rather they are other DCs on other sites , since your workstations, etc won't be able to even start and look for an Active Directory services.
          b/c there is no DNS service to provide them with.
          AD has to be working with DNS - NO DNS , NO way WS/Servers would ever find the AD Services regardless to what DC would provide them with.

Comment

Working...
          X