Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to check How many user logged in?

Hi,

I M new to this, This is my first thread post and i'd like to say thanks for all help i got from here.

I just want to check if there is any way to check how many users are logged in at any specific time period on to the network.

I tried to various searches for this, but unsuccessful to get the solution. Hope to get solution soon.

Regards
    Hari Shanker
    VCP, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA:

" Think beyond and you will go beyond."
    (Your thoughts create your reality. Widen your expectations and thought process and you'll be amazed at how thinking bigger will bring on bigger things.)

Re: How to check How many user logged in?

You needs are a little bit vague. I'm not sure what you mean by "logged into the network". Do you want to know...

1. How many computers are on the network (Use a network monitoring application like Nagios, Zabbix, or Zenoss)
    2. How many users are logged into a specific server (If the server is a Windows server you can just look at the active sessions in Computer Management in the Administrative Tools folder)
    3. How many individual users are logged into the actual network fabric (That would require port level security using 802.1xand possible other elements)

Can you clarify what it is that you want?
    Wesley David
    LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
    -------------------------------
    Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
    Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
    Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
    Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

I appriciate a Great help

Thanks a lot, this will solve my purpose.

Could you please elaborate option 2, I tried to check but it show the list of Cleint machine names, user names.
      Last edited by shankerhari; 8th August 2008, 22:04. Reason: Tried to get the result, but still some confusion.
      Hari Shanker
      VCP, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA:

" Think beyond and you will go beyond."
      (Your thoughts create your reality. Widen your expectations and thought process and you'll be amazed at how thinking bigger will bring on bigger things.)

Comment

On a windows machine go to the "Administrative Tools" folder and select 'Computer Management". There's a shortcut to get to Computer Management: get to the run box (hold the Windows key down and tap the 'r' key) and type in 'compmgmt.msc' and hit return. Once there, look under "System Tools" >> "Shared Folders". There are three sub folders named "Shares", "Sessions", and "Shared Folders" that can show you various bits of information concerning who is connected to the server.

If the server is a VPN endpoint, you can open up RRAS and see which users are connected to the network via a VPN connection to that server.
        Wesley David
        LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
        -------------------------------
        Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
        Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
        Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
        Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

Working...
        X