Roaming profile not loading on different domain computer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roaming profile not loading on different domain computer

I want to log on to a PC that is on domain1 as a user of domain2.

There is a trust set up, It allows me to log on as a domain2 user, the only problem I have is that it doesn't pull the roaming profile across.

Is this possible?
    Thank you,

Marc

Re: Roaming profile not loading on different domain computer

roaming profile is per user per domain.
    I am not sure how it is related to workstation though.
    and it sounds like it should had passed since you logged in with the User of domain2 , so you should had gotten Roaming profile of user of Domain2.
    The only Logical Explanation would probably be that Roaming Profile doesn't cross domains.
    Last edited by Akila; 7th August 2008, 20:22.

Comment

Originally posted by Akila View Post
      roaming profile is per user per domain.
      I am not sure how it is related to workstation though.
      and it sounds like it should had passed since you logged in with the User of domain2 , so you should had gotten Roaming profile of user of Domain2.
      The only Logical Explanation would probably be that Roaming Profile doesn't cross domains.
      Unfortunately they do - we have a multi-domain setup at work and anyone can log in anywhere and expect their profile to arrive.

In this case, I would check the "Owner" property of the "Documents and Settings" folder on the workstation's system drive. It should be set to "Administrators". It may somehow have been set incorrectly on the Build. I have found that incorrect owners cause some very odd permissions issues which cannot be diagnosed effectively in any other way.

Tom
      For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

I have made sure that the domain1 computers have perms on the profile and I also added domain2\domain users to the local user group on the PC. The owner of the Docs and Settings is administrators

Even before those permissions, it did not have a problem logging the person in. There are no error messages. It successfully creates the local profile. It just won't pull the roaming one.
        Thank you,

Marc

Comment

Working...
        X