Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what is the use of account expires field in user properites in AD?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is the use of account expires field in user properites in AD?

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what is the use of account expires field in the properties of a user in active directory?
    Because i created a test user with the account expires date set as end of today. But when i checked that account next day, nothing happened to the test user it was neither disabled nor deleted. So, i was puzzled what could be its usage.

Thanks,
    Akash Kansal.

Re: what is the use of account expires field in user properites in AD?

You shouldn't be able to login with it anymore though.
    We use it to set the end date for contractors so they can't login after their period onsite. It is an additional security step to minimise user error regarding forgetting to disable accounts.
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Re: what is the use of account expires field in user properites in AD?

Originally posted by AndyJG247 View Post
      You shouldn't be able to login with it anymore though.
      We use it to set the end date for contractors so they can't login after their period onsite. It is an additional security step to minimise user error regarding forgetting to disable accounts.
      Completely agreed, the person whose account already been expired would not be able to login to network, and we the this for the same purpose of contractors,

Try it once again with the creation of a new user, if u face the same please post.
      Hari Shanker
      VCP, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA:

" Think beyond and you will go beyond."
      (Your thoughts create your reality. Widen your expectations and thought process and you'll be amazed at how thinking bigger will bring on bigger things.)

Comment

Working...
      X