No announcement yet.

How to remove a user from AdminSDHolder???

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to remove a user from AdminSDHolder???

We have a user that was a domain admin a while back. They were removed from all domain admin groups due to a job change. They though still get the security permissions auto removed that has send as rights and I rekon they still have the "1"tag on the profilr due to be a domain admin at some point. This now effects them as they have a Blackberry and we have to give the BES account on there AD account send as rights.

So, I have looked through loads of MS docs, and I cannot seem to find a way to remove a single user from AdminSDHolder

Any ideas?

Re: How to remove a user from AdminSDHolder???

I had the exact same issue and took me half a day to sort out. The besadmin "Send As" permission was being over written as the users account was a member of some privilages built in groups. Backberrys could receive but always failed to send.

Make sure the user is not a member of any Built in groups (with higher privilages) Domain users are fine. You then need to change the permission on the user account in ADUC to propagte the changes from the parent folder. After an hour make sure the propagates changes are still configured as the AdminSDHolder process runs every hour.

Let me know how you get on

Michael Armstrong
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **