if first server fail how to configure second one

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if first server fail how to configure second one

I have two ML370 , exact the same configuration, w3K, first DC, second is also with AD and doubletake software.
    Now the question...what must i do if the first one is out and the users have to logon the second...users from svr1 are in sync with svr2, all files are also in sync.
    Thx
    Danny

If both servers are DCs, and both are registered in DNS (and they should be), and both are running DNS, when one fails the users will logo on to the second DC with no configuration changes on your side.
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

DNS

When i go to the second svr and opens the DNS then he ask local or another svr. What must i do here? SVR1 as both DC in the DNS.
      And the users have a mapping to the first svr. How must i resolve this if the first fails. Must i do this manuel on every pc?

Comment

please don't do any thing windows will find the user information from the dns and it will automatically log in to the another dc if u want u can transfer fsmo
        I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work
        (: Thomas Edison

Comment

You also need to make sure the second DC is also a GC.
          By default only members of BUILTIN\Administrators group can logon if no GC is available.
          Guy Teverovsky
          "Smith & Wesson - the original point and click interface"

Comment

Working...
          X