Sites and services

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sites and services

I have a single domain with ten sites, all sites are connected via an MPLS. Each site has one or more domain controllers. When checking the replication between domain controllers (NTDS) I have noticed that all sites bar one replicate to one site (the site that is referenced is not responsible for FSMO).

As I am on an MPLS I am using the default site link for all sites.

Can someone shed some light on this.

Re: Sites and services

I would say either the KCC algorithm decided that was correct or someone set that up manually.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/242780
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Lets not disable KCC, its one of the better features of AD. Instead propertly configure your Site Links so KCC can do a good job or setting up the connections.

Theres a good thread here on this... http://forums.petri.com/showthread.php?t=25759

Comment

Sorry, the article was for info rather than a recommendation as someone may have already done it, having said that it is something that should be done in certain circumstances so I'm not entirely opposed to it.
        cheers
        Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Thank you for your replies. We have decided to leave the sites as is. Reading up on the KCC I agree leaving it to decide is the best option.

Comment

KCC builds it's topology based on Site links and costs, review your site links and costs , not the Topology it self.

Comment

Working...
            X