Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scheduled task error after removing DC role

Hello,
    I removed DC role from an application server.
    After restart I received a message saying that one of scheduled tasks cannot run.

I checked Scheduled Tasks and found 2 - couldn't start.
    Wanted to disable and reenable. But when click properties error message appear:
    ----------General page initialization failed.
    The specific error is:
    0x8007000d: The data is invalid.
    An error has occurred attempting to retrieve task account information. You
    may continue editing the task object, but will be unable to change task
    account information.---------------

During DCPromo new password has been asked. I entered the Doman Admin password.

What it could be and how to fix?
    I have a lot of scheduled tasks...

Thanks,
    Michael.
    "When you hit a wrong note it's the next note that makes it good or bad". Miles Davis

Re: Scheduled task error after removing DC role

I just realise that scheduled task access was corrupted before I run DCPROMO and removed DC role.

There is other admin that manage the application on this machine.

1. Can somebody confirm that running DCPROMO and task scheduler has nothing common.

2. During DCRPOMO I had to enter NEW Password what it was for?
    "When you hit a wrong note it's the next note that makes it good or bad". Miles Davis

Comment

Originally posted by mla View Post
      1. Can somebody confirm that running DCPROMO and task scheduler has nothing common.
      as far as I know one has nothing to do with the other, Schedule task is not depended on a Domain controller to run, even on your XP machine you can schedule tasks.

Originally posted by mla View Post
      2. During DCRPOMO I had to enter NEW Password what it was for?
      When promoting a Server to a Domain controller one of the things that happens are that the local users and groups including the Administrator User (otherwise known as "Local SAM") are no longer in use, in fact they are disabled or removed.
      The same thing is needed when you demote a domain controller, you need to reveres the action and create the Administrator and it's password, that is why you been asked for an Admin password.

Comment

Thank you.
        It's exactly what I thought.
        Just to be sure...
        At least I have second opinion.

Comment

Some scheduled tasks (e.g. Shadow copies) will fail after DCPromo/UnPromo. This is because the DC has no local administrator account which the previously scheduled task was looking for.

Sorry, cant find a link on that one.

What was the task in question?
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
          X