No announcement yet.

Address Details

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Address Details

Hi People (first Post)

i always read petri for help in certian areas but there is one i cannot find

in AD on under your users details you have an 'Address' Tab

as the companies users are already set up is there a default template somewhere i can change to automatically fill in all this information with out going through each user individually

as all users on our list will have the same address unless I state differently

i have been set this completely boring task of going through each user and making sure it all is up to date...but having to fill in the same information constantly is a pain under the address tab

any quickfire way of doing this?

running windows 2003/exchange 2003 systems

any help would be great

Re: Address Details

Open ADUC and multi-select all the users that you need to change. Right click and choose properties. There are many common properties that will be available for edit on the different tabs. There is a checkbox in front of each. Only the ones that you check will be updated when you click OK.

thankyou loads

you are a diamond....such a simple thing to try

did try this before but where we keep a couple of sec grps and contacts in that OU i was not giving me the options

all sorted now thankyou very much

Re: Address Details is good to look at too

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

there are many tools in Internet to set these kind of normal things in AD. like office, fax no, department, description, many attributes. The one is use is quest active roles which can be used to create templates on OU level. Hope it helps.

alternatively u can use a script to modify the required attributes. Have attached the file , check it out

cheers, Bala
          Attached Files