Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• add user error

hello all,
    well i got to active directory and i add a user and everything. i get to the end and hit finish and this error comes up.

"windows cannot set the password for (user) because: Windows cannot find the network path. verify that the network path is correct and the destination computer is not busy or turned off. If windows still cannot fid the network path, contact youre network administrator."

I dont know how to fix it. can anyone help me?

Re: add user error

Hi

Couldn't find much about this problem. It looks like it's related to the Kernel error: ERROR_REM_NOT_LIST.
    Can you elaborate a bit more on the problem?
    Is this the first time this is happening?
    Are you the Admin for the domain or have you got delegated admin rights?
    Are you using Adminpak in a client machine or are you accessing ADUC from the DC?

Cheers
    Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

I have full privelages to everything. It has happened ever since i installed the server. i access it directly from the server. i did download group policy management to try to access some of the stuff it didnt let me access but that does the same thing as well.

Comment

Since you are accessing ADUC from the Server (I presume this is your DC) this error appears to be a bit out of place because it refers to a remote machine not being available.

If this is the case it might be the case of a corrupt AD database or insufficent rights or permissions i think.
        Have you checked the event log in your DC? any entries in there related to this?
        Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;321327

Check this, hope this helps

Comment

Working...
          X