export and import AD accounts and password

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• export and import AD accounts and password

I am going to use new exchange server. so that i would like to export and import the current exchange active directory accounts to new exchange active directory.i just want to export and import AD accounts and their password only. what is the easiest way to do this . thanks.

Re: export and import AD accounts and password

???
    There is no need to do that.
    What are you really planning?

From what i can derive from your post, you only have one server to support your organisation. This server is DC, DNS, DHCP, Exchange and file server (Like and SBS). You need to reinstall this server for whatever reason?

Is this correct?

In a nutshell:

If its a new server just bring it into the organisation, move your mailboxes and the GAL.

If its a new server that is going to take all of the roles, bring it into your domain.
    Run DCpromo (DNS integrated), move the FSMO roles. Configure DHCP, disable DHCP on old server. Install Exchange and mmove the GAL and ail boxes.
    Read the procedure "how to remove your first exchange server".
    Decommission the old server.
    [Powershell]
    Start-DayDream
    Set-Location Malibu Beach
    Get-Drink
    Lay-Back
    Start-Sleep
    Wake-Up!
    Resume-Service
    Write-Warning
    [/Powershell]

BLOG: Therealshrimp.blogspot.com

Comment

current exchange server was on the normal Desktop pC and new server is the Xeon server with SCSI drives with high performance. I already install the Exchange 2003 on new server. So that I want to export and import current AD users account to new exchange server, all are windows 2003 and exchange 2003 SP1. thanks

Comment

The accounts are objects stored in active directory, not in Exchange. These objects have username and a password. In exchange you have mailboxes, these mailboxes are linked (1 to 1) to a user account. As you have installed a second exchange server you will see 2 servers in your exchange environment(Your old and the new sever).
        Rightclick the mailboxes you want to move, and sellect move. The wizzard that will start is prety selfexplainatory, so that wouldn't be a problem. Ones the mailboxes have moved follow following procedure (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822931) to remove the old exchange server from the organization.

Good luck.
        [Powershell]
        Start-DayDream
        Set-Location Malibu Beach
        Get-Drink
        Lay-Back
        Start-Sleep
        Wake-Up!
        Resume-Service
        Write-Warning
        [/Powershell]

BLOG: Therealshrimp.blogspot.com