Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AD Site and Service

Daer all

i would like to ask you : what is the benefit of adding site location at active directory site and services .

and how can i create sublocations, example i have location called HQ and location aolled branches
    i would like to add sublocations under location branches like cairo branch, giza branch alex branch and so on.. can i do like this !!!

another Q
    i have 2 bridge heads at HQ Bridgehad A and B,
    so creating a link between HQ and any branch will creat a two replication link from DC of this branch to both bridge heads at HQ A and B
    but this not happen
    what happen is
    only on link created either with A or with B but not both ,, so is this normal !!!!
    Last edited by abdalla; 22nd June 2008, 13:21.

Re: AD Site and Service

Originally posted by abdalla View Post
    another Q
    i have 2 bridge heads at HQ Bridgehad A and B,
    so creating a link between HQ and any branch will create a two replication link from DC of this branch to both bridge heads at HQ A and B
    but this not happen
    what happen is
    only on link created either with A or with B but not both ,, so is this normal !!!!
    if you look at Site A ->Server -> NTDS Settings , do you see the connection to site B DC and vise versa?
    did you manually created those DC connections or you allowed the ISTG/KCC to create them?

Comment

Originally posted by Akila View Post
      if you look at Site A ->Server -> NTDS Settings , do you see the connection to site B DC and vise versa?
      did you manually created those DC connections or you allowed the ISTG/KCC to create them?
      note: DC A and DC B are bridgeheads at the HQ Site.

Comment

Hi,

You can configure multiple bridgehead server for a site, but one will be active at a time and rest will work as backup, once the active bridgehead server goes down then backup server will become active for tht site..

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/271997

Rgds

Comment

Originally posted by abdalla View Post
          Daer all

i would like to ask you : what is the benefit of adding site location at active directory site and services .

and how can i create sublocations, example i have location called HQ and location aolled branches
          i would like to add sublocations under location branches like cairo branch, giza branch alex branch and so on.
          !!!!
          thank you muneer_bom3 very much ur info so useful

what about site location guys!!!

Comment

Hi,

steps for creating sites in AD...

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pro...tep/adsrv.mspx

Rgds

Comment

Working...
            X