Offline Folders Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offline Folders Help

We have setup folder redirection of the my documents and are using the offline folders.

We are using the quick sync for both logon and log off.

but even with the quick sync a user with over 5Gb of data is experiencing sometimes up to a minute to shutdown due to this.

Is there anyway of totally disabling the Log off sync and just use it at logon.

Thanks for any help.

Re: Offline Folders Help

go to control panel..
    offline files
    unchecked sync all offline file bfore logooff.

Comment

Originally posted by muneer_bom3 View Post
      go to control panel..
      offline files
      unchecked sync all offline file bfore logooff.
      This doesn't actually stop the sync only sets it to use "quick sync"

If i run mobsync de-tick the option there, when i shutdown or log off the sync proceeds and the option is ticked again

Comment

Getting rid of sync at logoff is a bad idea and defeats the purpose of Offline Files.

User makes changes while Online, logs off, goes on the road, loads up the document to make more changes and instead gets an OLD version of a document since his Offline cache is outdated.

My users probably *need* 5-10% of whatever they have stored under their My Documents. If one complained that syncing took to long during logoff I would tell them to clean their crap up.

Anyway to turn it off completely:

Control Panel > Folder Options > Offline Files, uncheck Synchronize all offline files before logging off

and

Mobsync > Setup, uncheck When I log off my computer

Comment

Yeah i have told him that and he has decided to press skip if he doesnt have time to leave it.

as for the option under mobsync everytime i de-ticked it, it would be ticked again next time round. oh well im not going to worry about that now

Thanks for the info

Originally posted by Meekrobe View Post
          Getting rid of sync at logoff is a bad idea and defeats the purpose of Offline Files.

User makes changes while Online, logs off, goes on the road, loads up the document to make more changes and instead gets an OLD version of a document since his Offline cache is outdated.

My users probably *need* 5-10% of whatever they have stored under their My Documents. If one complained that syncing took to long during logoff I would tell them to clean their crap up.

Anyway to turn it off completely:

Control Panel > Folder Options > Offline Files, uncheck Synchronize all offline files before logging off

and

Mobsync > Setup, uncheck When I log off my computer

Comment

Working...
          X