Schema Extension

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schema Extension

I extended the schema to add classes & attributes for our MITEL phone system to integrate with AD. However, I am not seeing the new tab in AD Users & Computers tool. How can I update the AD Users & Computer?

Re: Schema Extension

hi,
    Did u select the option that class is visible. The option will be presented to you when you will select properties of the class.

Comment

All the classes & attributes were created using a script provided by the vendor. I can see the new tab when I use AD Users & Computers from the Schema Master domain controller. But can not see it from AD Users & Computer from my desktop.

Comment

Unless the vendor is also providing his own extensions for ADU&C, you will not be able to see the attributes in it.
        You need to understand that ADU&C has no way to know how to present the new attributes in the GUI unless there is something that tells it how to do it.
        This also means that the additional tabs (i.e.: Exchange tabs) are a function of local ADU&C installation and not a function of attributes being present in the schema.
        ADU&C extensions have to be installed for each computer that will be used to manage the additional attributes.
        Guy Teverovsky
        "Smith & Wesson - the original point and click interface"

Comment

Working...
        X