Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replication Report

Hi,

We have parent child enviroment now we are raising the forest and domain level to win2k3, before raise i wanted to ensure that all DC's are replication are working fine & we can go ahead & raise the forest & domain level..

1) Chalenge/Issue = I do not have access to parent domain.. (my counter partner will take care of functional raise in parent domain)

Looking for command which will genrate replication error in my child domain ..

e.g
    Repadmin/Replsum * /Sortelta[/Errorsonly]
    Repadmin/Showrepl * /CSV>showrepl.csv.

is there any specfic command or tool by which i will get the replication errors.

Regards
    Muneer

Re: Replication Report

Try replmon, it has a nice gui and you can see issues / initiate replication as well.
    VCP on vSphere (4), MCITP:EA/DBA, MCTS:Blahblah

Comment

replmon is an old tool and no more supported by Microsoft, it's never been updated since windows 2000, he should not be using this tool it's unreliable !!!.
      repadmin is the only tool that Microsoft supports and keep it up to date.

this was I driect Order I go from Microsoft DS Engineer one of the main MS Engineer that go all over the world for Premier ADRAP (AD Health Check) for customers of Premier agreement.
      I personally use ADST (Active Directory snapshot Tool), but that is not available for the public , only to those who run AD Health Check/ADRAP.
      Repadmin is the tool you should be using there are tons of Help files for this tool on Google.
      Last edited by Akila; 15th May 2008, 20:07.

Comment

ADST totally rocks - I wish it was openly available.

As for replmon, well, it was still included in the 2003 support kit.. I never really had any problems with it.

Of course repadmin is more powerful..
        VCP on vSphere (4), MCITP:EA/DBA, MCTS:Blahblah

Comment

PSS still use it in 2003 networks as well.
          Akila, why do you say it is unreliable, I would be interested to know.
          cheers
          Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Originally posted by AndyJG247 View Post
            PSS still use it in 2003 networks as well.
            Akila, why do you say it is unreliable, I would be interested to know.
            b/c it was develodep for windows 2000 up to SP2 and since then MS stopped supporting it.
            until there and now AD had many tweaks and changes has been made in/to the Directory Services therefor it does not give you the True picture.
            any way the main reason is b/c a MS DS Engineer stated that to me , and he must know since he is involved in DS/AD Development.
            he stated it very clear that only Repadmin should be used not repeolmon even tho it is in the w2k3 Support pack.

Comment

OK fair enough. I spoke with a couple of fairly high up support guys a month or so ago on a 22k user network and they were happy to use it.
              I would hope MS would put up a notice if it wasn't supported or recommended anymore.
              cheers
              Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

I am all for repadmin when it comes to getting an up-to-date picture of replication status, but I have yet to see a single occasion when replmon was reporting different results from repadmin.
                Guy Teverovsky
                "Smith & Wesson - the original point and click interface"

Comment

Working...
                X