Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Password reset OU via taskpad view

Hello,

I am creating a new MMC ADUC application for our helpdesk users.
    We have two different OU's where users are put in.

I can create a custom taskpad view for the ADUC application by the MMC tool, but i am unable to link the task 'reset password' to a OU. I can link it to a single user but as you would expect, i want to link it to a OU.

Am i doing something wrong or is this not possible?
    Thanks for the help!

PS: i found this topic: http://forums.petri.com/showthread.php?t=365, looks simular but i know i have an OU selected instead of a container!
    We are working with a win2003 server environment.

Re: Password reset OU via taskpad view

25 views, no reply.
    Is my question not complete or is the question to difficult?

If you need more info please ask so i can complete my question if it is not clear

Comment

Hi Stifke,
      Welcome to Petri!

As you know, this is a volunteer site and staff and members give up their free time to help resolve problems. We do have both work commitments and lives outsite this site (but don't tell Daniel that ), so sometimes it takes a little longer than the 16 hours between your posts to get a response.

I'm slightly confused by what you mean by "link the task... to an OU"

Do you want to reset the password for everyone in the OU in one go? or do you mean something else?
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hi,

No problem for the late answer

What i meant to say is when i select an ou and i want to create a command lets say for resetting passwords for an entire ou where a lot of user accounts are in, its just not possible.

I can only give the reset password command for a single user but i want to give our helpdesk staff the rights to change the passwords for all users in a specific ou instead of going through all users in that ou.

See screenshots for the problem.
        Attached Files

Comment

Make sure they have the right to change passwords then have a look at something like
          http://www.petri.com/password-contro...erver-2008.htm
          cheers
          Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Thanks for the reply Andy, but i want the helpdesk staff to you a custom made MMC of ADUC. I know this thing has to work someway or another.

Anyone else?

Comment

No probs, I don't think the available Microsoft ADUC tool actually has the ability to do this on an OU basis but would be intrigued what others think.
              cheers
              Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Working...
              X