Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• multiple UPN

Hello.

I would like to get the multiple UPN at my AD. I already have the testking.com DC. How can I try to get like that can choose multiple UPN. Do I need to install foo.com DC? I haven't install the foo.com DC. what are the requirements to get that multiple UPN. Could you pls explain the step by step. thanks.
    Attached Files

Re: multiple UPN

Only requirement is that UPNs be unique for each user in the forest.

If you have domain.com and child.domain.com and you have a user with the username of joe in each domain, you cannot assign both joes to the same UPN.

Comment

1. Open Active Directory Domain and Trust
      2. In the console Right click at the top "On Active Directory Domain and Trust".
      3. Go to properties.
      4. Add UPN suffix.
      5. Now you will get it while creating the users as required by u.

Regards,
      Kapil Sharma
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Life is too short, Enjoy It.

Comment

thank to both of you kapilsharma11 and Meekrobe, Now I got what i wanted.

I think we can't create same user account with these two UPN. for eg, I already got an account [email protected]. then I tried to create with another UPN like [email protected] in that DC and got the error like that " Pre-Windows 2000 login name you have chosen is already in use in this domain. choose another pre-windows 2000 login name".

Comment

Originally posted by examplez View Post
          thank to both of you kapilsharma11 and Meekrobe, Now I got what i wanted.

I think we can't create same user account with these two UPN. for eg, I already got an account [email protected]. then I tried to create with another UPN like [email protected] in that DC and got the error like that " Pre-Windows 2000 login name you have chosen is already in use in this domain. choose another pre-windows 2000 login name".
          Well you have your answer in the question...just change the pre-Windows 2000 login name of the second user account user account.

MurTuzA
          The Never Ending Loop of User Rights
          START
          Q. Why is Windows so insecure?
          A. Because everyone runs as Administrator.
          Q. Why does everyone run as Administrator (even when they know better)?
          A. Because they don't understand security and are afraid they will be prevented from doing things.
          Q. Why don't they understand security?
          A. Because they run as Administrator, bypassing all security.
          LOOP TO START

Comment

Working...
          X