Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I deleted DC administrator account

Hello,

I have a really big problem. I accidently deleted DC administrator account Using Exchange 2007 Management Console. The problem is that because of that, DC is not online anymore, so I can't login to DC using one of domain admin accounts. I hope that there is a way, to recover my DC administrator account.

I saw a tutorial about restoring DC administrator password. Could I restore the whole account successfully using the same procedure?

This is Windows Server 2003 SP2 DC in a forest. There is one more domain in forest, but this server is the only DC for domain, which DC administrator account has been deleted.

Thank you for your help!

Best wishes,
    Marko

Re: I deleted DC administrator account

ADRestore from sysinternals can recover deleted AD objects. I don't know any particualrs about recovering a DC though.

Comment

If you have a backup of the System State of the DC, you can restore it by rebooting into Directory Services Restore Mode, login with backup priveledges and restore the system state back onto the server, then use NTDSUTIL.exe to restore objects in the cn=Users container.

Comment

OK, it looks like the problem is somewhere else. Now that I am in server room is se error message:

STOP 0xC000021A {Fatal System Error}
        The session manager initialization system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000022 (0x00000000 0x00000000
        The system has been shutdown.

It looks like I didn't delete DC administrator, because I was trying to repeat this on a testing server and I couldn't do it.

So, does anyone have an idea how to fix this problem?

Thank You!
        Last edited by hellbird; 14th April 2008, 09:24.

Comment

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/156669

Google also shows things like faulty memory/hdd as being possible.
          cheers
          Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Hello, I solved the problem by putting system hard drive to another server, changing permissions of Everyone to Full Control for the whole disk and now it boots normally.

Thank you for help again!

Best wishes,
            Marko

Comment

Glad it is sorted and thanks for letting us know. If you didn't change the permissions in the first place then maybe they got corrupted? I would still recommend a backup but good luck anyway!
              cheers
              Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Working...
              X