Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grey Out Members in an Active Directory Group

Hello .

I have a problem with two of our groups in Active Directory.

First I was supposing that this problem has something to do with the domain and the forest not being in a Native 2003 level, so today I raise our domain and our forest to Windows 2003 but the problem is still there.

We used those group for send public information one is for all of our users and the other is for the users is one of our locality.

We have exchange 2003 and is in a Mixed level which I would change this next Friday.

Any advice?.

Regards
    When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always long to return.

Leonardo da Vinci

Re: Grey Out Members in an Active Directory Group

Maybe it has something to do with the SID history after the migration.

We migrate from one domain (NT) to another (AD) like 2 years ago, since then the group has this problem but now we have another group with the problem.

I don't know anything about SID history..
    When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always long to return.

Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

The following KB article explains this:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281923

Michael
      Michael Armstrong
      www.m80arm.co.uk
      MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

If a user group contains more than 500 users, the hair color of the "person" icon for the group changes to gray. This does not affect the functionality of the group or the users for whom the hair color of the icon changes. This issue affects built-in groups, local groups, and global groups.
        This is Distribution list and is universal.

Anyway I will try the fix

Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

I don't have this route in our registry in non of our DC's.

Code:
          HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Directory UI

Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

Re: Gray Out Members in an Active Directory Group

Ok, I create it and all is working like a charm.

I first thought I don't create it cause I don't like to do thing that I don't know the consequences.

Best Regards

Another thread for this is this one

Gray Out

Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

Also I'm a big moron cause in the same article that you gave me clearly said

Note The Windows key and the Directory UI subkey may not exist. Create these subkeys if necessary.
              Best Regards man

Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

Glad you got it sorted

Michael
                Michael Armstrong
                www.m80arm.co.uk
                MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
                X