Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding Employee pictures

Hi All,
    I was looking around for a way to try and import employee pictures into active directory and have the outlook show it

I could find couple of programs out there , but no one gave the option to have outlook see it

any ideas ?

Thanks,
    Haim

Re: Adding Employee pictures

If I recall correctly, Live Communication Server 2007 has the ability to add user avatars in Outlook, after proper integration (which is somewhat troubling, but don't remember why... it has something to do with exchange version, I think...).

However, I'm not sure.
    Cheers!

Comment

We have Exchange 2003, Outlook 2003/2007 and LCS 2005. We also use Mobile Devices running WM6 and ActiveSync. When you set a display picture on your WM6 mobile device for a contact and synchronise, it synchronises the display pic with Outlook as well... but it's on a "per person" basis and I have no idea how they could be stored in AD - it might even need a schema extension to add the relevane attributes.

Tom
      For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Strange there is still no way to do it ...
        another question that comes to my mind , I know there are custom attributes in AD that also relate to exchange

is there a way to change that custom attributes (for example add people ID in different messenger programs) and have people see if via outlook GAL ?

Thanks,
        Haim

Comment

Have you search THIS site? I remember a thread about something like this from a long time ago. I think GuyT was a contributor but I can't remember who was the OP or how long ago.
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

I found the stuff that GuyT wrote, it was while back in 2005 ...
            any case , I still didnt find any way to present the pictures that you can add into AD to users in outlook

I know there are tools today that can do this and then you can send the user to a nice portal for this , but I wanted to see if I can avoid this and still use outlook with the GAL to see this info

any one ?

Haim

Comment

Working...
            X