Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Default Group Permissions

Greetings!

Can someone point me to a listing of what permissions the members of the domain admins group have? I have inherited a system where there are way too many domain admins and want a definitive list as I build my case.

Re: Default Group Permissions

A domain administrator account can do almost anything within the domain to which they belong, yet confined to that domain. Perhaps its easier to list what he can't do.
    [Powershell]
    Start-DayDream
    Set-Location Malibu Beach
    Get-Drink
    Lay-Back
    Start-Sleep
    Wake-Up!
    Resume-Service
    Write-Warning
    [/Powershell]

BLOG: Therealshrimp.blogspot.com

Comment

Exactly my issue and thanks. But I'm looking for a definitive listing of what a domain admin can do.

Originally posted by Killerbe View Post
      A domain administrator account can do almost anything within the domain to which they belong, yet confined to that domain. Perhaps its easier to list what he can't do.

Comment

Originally posted by jwessell View Post
        Exactly my issue and thanks. But I'm looking for a definitive listing of what a domain admin can do.
        I'll be more specific. Within a domain, a Domain Administrator can do everything. There is nothing he cannot do within his own domain. For operations which affect the whole forest, you would need to use an Enterprise Admin or Schema Admin ID.

It would be nonsense to try to list "everything" a Domain Admin can do, simply because the list would contain thousands and thousands of entries.

Tom
        For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Working...
        X