Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automatically changing the e-mail properties of a distribution group

Hi everyone,

I hope I placed this in the right corner since it is an AD question. Here goes. We have An AD based on Server 2003 technology and we have exchange 2003 servers.

What I want to accomplish: We have a many distribution groups. Because of a name change their names all need to be modified. What needs to be modified are the first two letters AB into DAB. This works fine with dsmove dsmod commands so no problem here.

However I also wish to modify teh e-mail addresses of teh distribution groups. So when I right click on a distribution group -> general tab -> e-mail address. Teh same goes here. Nothing else changes besides the first two letters that have to be changed into 3. So [email protected] needs to be replaced to [email protected]

Furthermore I need to update 2 exchange general properties the alias and displayname. Again teh same case the first two letters AB change into DAB.

dsmod group has no switch for this, does anybody know maybe wit ha vbs script how I can accomplish this.

regards

David
    Last edited by davegbr; 25th February 2008, 15:13.

Re: Automatically changing the e-mail properties of a distribution group

Try Admodify..........

But would suggest you to test the same properly before using it.

Regards,
    Kapil Sharma
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Life is too short, Enjoy It.

Comment

thanx kapilsharma11 i will give it a go and let you know.

regards

David

Comment

mmm somehow I just get errors when I try to click next after selecting users. I have tried it on more pc's. Do you or anyone else know another sollution?

Comment

No errors any more but this doesn't seem to be the tool of choice for what I have to do.

Comment

Email addresses are "stamped" on objects by the RUS based on the Recipient Policy. If your DG"s fall under the scope of the Recipient Policy then they would get whatever email addresses are in the Recipient Policy. Add the email address to the Recipient Policy (or create a new one just for the DG's) then set the email address as the primary SMTP address and update the RUS.

Comment

thank you, however the sole problem remaining now is the following. UNder the exchange general of the group policies tab there is display name and alias.

In admodify i don't seee an option to update this.

Comment

displayname i have found an option for also, this works now just the alias. Does anyone know what field in admodify i can use for this? Or how I can update the alias in some sort of other way.

Also teh x400 doesn't update to the newname, any option for this also?
                Last edited by davegbr; 26th February 2008, 15:45.

Comment

I have solved tprogram, everything ca nbe done with admodify thank you all for your help

Comment

Working...
                  X