Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Set "Inherit Permissions" For All Child Objects

Hi All...new to the forum here.

Does anyone know of a command (dsacls?) to set all child objects in an OU to inherit security permissions?

I was hoping ADModify could handle it. But it doesn't look that way.

We've found quite a few regular users that don't inherit permissions and I'm not sure why. Our techs get snagged on them trying to reset their passwords.

BTW...I don’t think the perms inheritance in our case was affected by the adminSDHolder or AdminCount.

I ran this command per Article:http://support.microsoft.com/?id=817433 ....

ldifde -f Admincount-1.txt -d dc=brevardco.int -r "(&(objectcategory=person)(objectclass=user)(admin count=1))"

…and it didn’t find any accounts.

TIA for any help here.

Peace,
    BC

Re: Set "Inherit Permissions" For All Child Objects

Hi,

It has nothing to do with AdminSDHolder.

Before changing the permissions you need to take the ownership first. Use subinacl.exe for the same.

Just see the below article for ref:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/265360

Regards,
    Kapil Sharma
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Life is too short, Enjoy It.

Comment

Kapil,

Thanks for your reply.
      I'm having no trouble setting individual users' permissions.
      Perhaps I should further explain...

A few scattered users do not have the check box selected under the security tab, advanced menu...

"Allow inheritable permissions from the parent to propogate to this object and child objects. Include these with entries explicitly defined here."

I can manually check the box, and then correct permissions are then applied.

What I would like though, is a script to run that tells me which users do not have the check box selected. Then maybe a script that will automatically correct it.

Thanks again for your help.

BC

Comment

Have any of you gurus out there had a look at this? This one really has me stumped.

TIA.

BC

Comment

You're looking for a script? Why didn't you say so? You're likely to get more replies in the Scripting forum - contact a mod or admin to get it moved there.

Tom
          For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Working...
          X