No announcement yet.

Going, Replica DC 2003

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going, Replica DC 2003

well i've done this process on a server just over a month ago... and of course i can't get it to work on a new one.

we have a 2000 DC, ran the adprep, i've installed the 2003 ip=.3 box on the network, pointed the Primary DNS in the IP settings to .20 which is the 2000 box.

every time i run DCPROMO and try and use the credentials it will fail!!::( i'm logging in with the administrator account on the 2000 DC! i can add the server as a member server to the 2000 domain without any issues.

any tips would be awesome!

ps... i went through the doc on this site just to make sure as well. the error(i'm reading it now) says that the domain controller domain.local could not be contacted!
    Last edited by swixtt; 19th February 2008, 20:57.

Re: Going, Replica DC 2003

Do you get any errors when executing dcdiag /v on the 2000 box ?
    Does the 2003 server report any errors in the output of netdiag ?

Can you post the dcpromoui.log and dcpromo.log files from c:\windows\debug folder on the 2003 server ?
    Guy Teverovsky
    "Smith & Wesson - the original point and click interface"

Re: Going, Replica DC 2003

OK... i finally figured it out!! geesh, i knew it was something simple. i just changed the Primary DNS of the 2000 box to itself .20 and did nothing on the 2003 machine. it was still set for .20 as the primary. i ran nslookup to make sure it could see the right server and not the ISP.
      thanks for the site guys! not sure if any of that will help a user in the future.