No announcement yet.

Domain Users Can't Open My Computer...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domain Users Can't Open My Computer...

Hi Guys,

I Installed Active Directory on windows 2003 server and I added some users. I logged in to the domain using Win XP client with normal domain user. The problem is I can't open 'MY Computer'. When I try to open it, the PC doesn't give any reply (even error message) or get stucked. I tried this on some other computers but got same result. Some of my friends said that they have the same problem. I didn't change any policy settings. When user is added to local admin group of client computer, It's working. But I can't give them admin privilages. Is there a way to get around that? Or is this my fault?
    Please help me on this.......

Reg,
    Sampathn

Re: Domain Users Can't Open My Computer...

Please someone help me on this.

Or, please let me know whether anyone has the same problem like this!

Red,
    sampathn

Comment

No idea. I don't think this AD related unless it was a security issue with a worm/virus that propagated because of new permissions once the computers were joined to the domain.

Do a search on Google for "Can't open My Computer" and you get plenty of results related to adware.
      Last edited by Garen; 21st February 2008, 07:43.

Comment

This is really a strange issue, I agree with meekrob. It is not concerned with AD installation, it seem a virus related issue.
        Hari Shanker
        VCP, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA:

" Think beyond and you will go beyond."
        (Your thoughts create your reality. Widen your expectations and thought process and you'll be amazed at how thinking bigger will bring on bigger things.)

Comment

Is it possible GP is causing this behavior? Maybe this will help?...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/231289

BC

Comment

Thank's for your replies guys,

Finally I found, it's not a problem with a GP. The problem was this. I'm using Old version of TinyTerm Emulator and it's not supported by winxp. After remove it, I could work normally.

Thanks and reg,
            Sampathn.

Comment

Working...
            X