No announcement yet.

AD tools for Large company!

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AD tools for Large company!

Hi guys. Im currently managing a large network Active directory (3000 users). With time to study this AD, i have seen that this AD is horribly maintained with issues ranging from unused GPO's to 4000 extra computer accounts. I want to lock this AD down and clean it up. I was wondering if anyoen knows of any tools that can help me manage, and clean up AD. More then anything im looking a for a best practice since im the only one who will be managing this Active directory. So if an AD tool isnt the best ida,please point me in teh right direction. Thank you.

Re: AD tools for Large company!

Active Directory janitor provides security tools based on Sarbanes-Oxley Act compliance.
    MCSA 2000/2003

Check out Joe Richardson's (Directory Services MVP) free AD tools:

I can recommend OLDCMP, which can identify all computer that have not contacted AD in over 90 days, thus allowing you to remove them from AD.

Hope this helps

Michael Armstrong
      MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

thanks for the info so far guys. If anyone knows any others, please let me know.