Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disabling Novell Client Login

Hi,
    I am a very naive new user of this topic so my wording may not be very accurate.
    I have a computer that uses a Novell Client Windows 2000 login.
    What should I do to disable this domain login so that you can access the windows 2000 desktop and use the computer outside of the intranet hosting the domain server?
    At first, I used the Offline NT Password & Registry Editor by Petter Nordahl-Hagen to be sure I did not have a problem with my password.
    Then, I used the `Reset Domain Admin Password in Windows 2000 AD method of substituting cmd.exe in place of the SCRNSAVE.EXE value in the HKEY_USERS\.Default\Control Panel\Desktop key
    So now I have access to the filesystem but the DSA.MSC is not there and in fact, what I would like to do is disable the Active directory altogether in order to just use the computer as a standalone desktop. Is that possible?
    Thanks.

If its a Novell network simply logon as the local administrator and remove the "Client for Novell Networks" from within the network properties.

Once removed create a local account for yourself log out from administrator, logon as yourself and begin using the machine as a stand alone workstation.
    Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Thank you for the quick reply and understanding what I want to do.
      I am not clear about what steps I need to take for following your instructions:
      Should I go into `Settings' then `Network and Dial-up Conmnections' then click on `Local Area Connection' and uncheck or Uninstall either of:
      `Client Service for Netware', `Novell Client for Windows 2000'?

or go into `My Network Places'...?
      That's all I can find, having to do with `"Client for Novell Networks" from within the network properties.'

Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by oschreiber.ae90
        Thank you for the quick reply and understanding what I want to do.
        I am not clear about what steps I need to take for following your instructions:
        Should I go into `Settings' then "Network and Dial-up Conmnections" then click on "Local Area Connection" and uncheck or Uninstall either of:
        "Client Service for Netware", "Novell Client for Windows 2000"?...
        No problem, tis my pleasure.

This is correct...
        Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X