Removing old Domains COMPLETELY

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing old Domains COMPLETELY

Ok, hope this is the right forum. I have been searching and searching and haven't found a solution to my problem and I am really hoping someone can help.

I just started working a new job where they used to have 3 domains. They got rid of two domains to just have one. But the previous guy didn't "Remove" them properly so when a user logs in and they go to chose domain they show up under there. And I only want it to show the current domain and local computer.

I tried to follow directions to remove Metadata, etc.. But those old domains always show up in that drop down list. Am I basically stuck because these machines weren't properly demoted and the machines are dead??

Any help would be awesome.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Removing old Domains COMPLETELY

Look in Active Directory Domains and Trust. And removed the trusts to the other domains. I had a similar problem, removing them from here removed them from the Domain drop down list.
    CCNA, Network+

Comment

Originally posted by Daze View Post
      Look in Active Directory Domains and Trust. And removed the trusts to the other domains. I had a similar problem, removing them from here removed them from the Domain drop down list.
      Ok, great. I saw some old ones in there so I removed them all. We have no trusts so nothing is in there now.

Any idea how long it would take for this to take affect?

Thanks again - I hope this does fix the issue!

Comment

For me it was instantly.
        CCNA, Network+

Comment

Working...
        X