Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overriding GP

Moderators, VIPs and Senior Members,

I have been working on Active Directory for nearly 5 yrs. There is one query for which I have not found any answer. If you could show me any way for this then I will be grateful to you.
    1. I know that in GP computer policy takes precedence over User Policies. It is not there in Active Directory design. Is there any way by which I can override it ? Any script or any registry tweaks, from which is it possible ?

Amit
    From,
    Amit
    [/EMAIL]

Re: Overriding GP

Hi,

You may use "Loopback Processing"..............

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/231287

http://technet2.microsoft.com/window....mspx?mfr=true

Regards,
    Kapil Sharma
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Life is too short, Enjoy It.

Comment

Kapil,

I have not implemented Loopback for GP. I will have to test in Test environment. I have gone through the links you provided, but I have not followed it properly.
      Can you give me some inputs ?

Amit
      From,
      Amit
      [/EMAIL]

Comment

Long story short:

1. You know that the user configuration gets applied to the users in OU but if you want that the user configuration should get applied to the computers in that OU irrespective of users...........then just go ahead and enable "loopback processing" for that policy.

e.g. if you have disabled "run" in user configuration in any GPO and enabled loopback processing then this "run" will be disabled for all the computers in that OU irrespective of users.....

2. Loopback processing can be applied in "Merge" and "Replace" mode as there names implies.

Feel free to ask in case in further information is needed.

Thanks,
        Kapil Sharma
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Life is too short, Enjoy It.

Comment

Working...
        X