Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AD Migration Problem

Greetings,
    I have a NT 4 PDC that I am trying to migrate to AD. I am using ADMT ver 3. I am also following along with the ADMT guide. BTW, I have setup a 2 way trust between the PDC and AD.

I have gotten to the point where I am doing a test migration of a group to initialize ADMT. When I tried it, I got the following error: "could not verify auditing and Tcpipclientsupport on domains. Will not be able to migrate SID's. Access denied"

I googled this message and found some had success in logging into the Target domain using the NT4 PDC administrator account. When I try to log in to the target domain controller using the NT4 pdc administrator account, I get a "local policy does not allow you to log in interactively". I have set the domain controller security policy and domain security policy to allow it, but still it won't allow.

Would appreciate any ideas, tip, suggestings to get things rolling again.

thanks,
    Darryl

Re: AD Migration Problem

Yes that's true. Auditing and Tcpipclient support should be set prior to using ADMT.

Download the following book, you will find hoe to set both options.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Regards,
    Kapil Sharma
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Life is too short, Enjoy It.

Comment

Yes, the ADMT guide says to set it if you want, or ADMT will do it
      the first time it runs. Should have manually set it first. Will try that
      and then trouble shoot if it doesn't work.

thanks,
      Darryl

Comment

You need to set it manually first.........

Regards,
        Kapil Sharma
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

OK,
          I successfully migrated the global groups and users. When I try to migrate the computers, it says it can't find them in the source domain. I verified that the computers are recoginized in the source domain, and that I spelled their names correctly.

anybody have any ideas why ADMT can't find the computers in the source domain ? (it found the groups and users just fine).

thanks,
          Darryl

Comment

Hi,

For migrating the computers the account being used for migration should be having admin rights in both the domain......

Regards,
            Kapil Sharma
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Thanks,
              on the target domain controller (where ADMT is installed) I am logging in as the source domains admin account. Source domain admin account is in the target domains admin group, so it has admin rights in the target domain.

Any other ideas ?

Comment

Anybody have any ideas ?
                I am logged into the target domain using the source domain admin account. I have verified that the Admins group on the computer I am trying to migrate has the domain admins. When I try to select the computer I want to migrate (using ADMT), it says it can't find it in the source domain. I have verified the source domain controller 'sees' the computer and is listed as a member of the domain. I have verified that I can log into a domain account on the computer in question. I am stumped.

-Darryl

Comment

Working...
                X