Issue Creating AD Users with Exchange Mailbox

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue Creating AD Users with Exchange Mailbox

I'm having an issue exactly like a post from 2006 that I did not see a resolution:

From a windows xp sp2 machine any editing of AD objects will hang the machine temporarily finally gagging up an error of "The server is not operational" - Facility: Win32 - ID no: 8007203a - Microsoft Active Directory - Exchange Extension. I

The details which might have some clues:

Currently we have 4 windows 2003 sp2 DCs. One DC holds all the FSMO roles, and there are two global catalogs.

We can add users from the Exchange Servers with AD Tools loaded

Any thoughts ?

Looking at DNS looks to be correct.... Setup because it does work from Other PC's

Re: Issue Creating AD Users with Exchange Mailbox

This might be totally wrong, but i thought when you added users into Active directory on a DC that doesnt have exchange installed on it. You couldnt create the exchange mailbox during the creation of the user account. I thought you had to have a separate instance to create the mailbox.

But then again doesn't the mailbox get created on the exchange server as the exchange server extensions in AD are only displayed on the exchange box itself.

Because in the past in one of my test labs. But this might of been in error. We had a windows 2003 Server running as DC. Then a separate exchange 2007 server running as a member server. Now i couldnt add mailbox's to the user accounts from within AD Users and computers on the 2003 DC as the context menu options for creating a mailbox and viewing the mailbox properties werent there. Could this be your problem? Do you need to install any extensions for active directory for exchange user management on your DC you are creating the user accounts?

Just trying to think outside the box. Not sure if it will help at all.

Cheers,

Andrew

Comment

Thanks Andrew.... We are actually doing the user Adds from an XP Sp2 Workstation with the Admin Tools and Exchange Tools loaded.

The error we get is on the Workstations.

We are fine if we login to the Exchange Server Directly and launch AD Users and Computers and create users there ...

Its just from our workstations.

David

Comment

Also after quickly looking on the internet i got this for that error off experts-exchange.com

1) DNS is installed and functioning properly, and that you have both forward and reverse zones set up. Make sure your DNS server has itself listed as its primary DNS server in its TCP/IP properties--that can help with DDNS registration.

2) The Exchange server is successfully registering its records in forward and reverse lookup zones (use ipconfig /registerdns)

3) The AD servers have successfully registered their records (check the event logs on the domain controllers--if they aren't registering properly, they'll squawk there)

4) Your Global Catalog server is up and running and is registered in DNS. Preferably, you have multiple GC servers.

Try those out also.

Cheers,

Andrew

Comment

Is the main thing actually creating user accounts? Or is it moving users from OU's etc?
          If its creating user accounts. I would be using a VBScript instead of using the tools. I use a vbscript for creating user accounts. That way you can customise profile locations. set default passwords and any options you like.
          I Also have a user manager that was written in delphi which i use for group management / password resetting. Currently havent implimented exchange mailbox creation / deletion as of yet.

Cheers,

Andrew

Comment

Working...
          X