Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• password never expires at AD level for a local user

Hi Friends,
    Please help me out. (i.e) i create a ftp user under "local administrator" in my domain member. I use this ftp user to transfer files between two domain members. I have set the password as never expiry for this user at local level. In my AD the password expiry is set to 15 days for all the domain members. So the domain policies are over writing the local policy i.e "password never expires". After some attempts my ftp account locks out. So how can I allocate only for this ftp user (which is a member of local administrator group at domain member level) that password never expires for this user at domain level, leaving the rest of the domain members to 15 days.

Thanks in advance
    DeepImpact

Re: password never expires at AD level for a local user

As far as I am aware, the Default Domain Policy only affects domain-based users, NOT local users on a member server.

Tom
    For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Hi,

No it's not like that. It's computer policy setting and gets applied to all the member computers so local users will follow the setting defined at domain level.

The only option we have is to create an OU for this FTP server and just change the password policy settings there at OU level. Although it looks strange but it will work like a charm.

Regards,
      Kapil Sharma
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Life is too short, Enjoy It.

Comment

Yes, that would work...

Tom
        For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Comment

thankyou for the info. Will try out this OU stuff.

Comment

Password policy applies to the Domain and not at the OU level.
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77 View Post
              Password policy applies to the Domain and not at the OU level.
              That is correct of Domain password policy. However the poster is talking about Machine policies which apply to local accounts on a member computer or server. You can set policies at any level in this way which apply to local accounts at ANY level of the structure and they will only apply within. However, as you said, they will not apply to Domain accounts which are governed by the Default Domain policy at the root.

Tom

Comment

Working...
              X