set background image instead of teletubbies XP image

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• set background image instead of teletubbies XP image

How can I set background wallpaper to be the same across the network instead of the defautl XP image. I want to do this with a GPO. I can do this through active desktop GPO but it just ads another layer onto the default background. Active desktops seem to slow logon and some of the screens/PC's can't handle it so I want to set the background image.

Is there a way to do this, surely corporate logos are set elsewhere without using active desktop.

You can try a logon script. For example, I have a bunch of BMPs that have the computer's name on the top right corner, and when running the script it'll set the background according to the name of the computer.

Another method is via a registry script that'll add the name of the file to HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop\Wallpaper.[/code]
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Thanks Daniel ....

Daniel

That will solve my problem but I'm not the world's greatest scripter, any chance of pasting it on here so i can then edit to suit my environment. Also is this run as a logon script and therefore will it have to run continously or just once to change it then I can delete the policy with the script?

Comment

Working...
      X