No announcement yet.

Multiple Proxy

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple Proxy

Hi All,

I need some help and can not seem to see any solutions so far.

I have 3 sites - Head office (DC) and two remote sites who update their AD through the Head Office. All sites connected by a Netgear VPN (not relevant - but stated before asked)

Each site has a separate Proxy server and that it controlled by the GP. Users are separated into groups (which branch they work at) and the GP points to the local Proxy server.

Question if user from Head office goes to remote branch and logs onto network his proxy server is pointing to the server at head office - therefore has no internet connection. BTW we disabled access to internet control panel so users can not change settings. How do i use AD to point to different GP depending on what site the user is at?

Re: Multiple Proxy

Apply the group policy that controls the proxy to the site rather than the user/group.

We use this methods for WSUS. Depending on what site the user is in depends on what WSUS server they use.

Michael Armstrong
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **