Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ldifde is giving the GUID instead of names while fetching the group membership.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ldifde is giving the GUID instead of names while fetching the group membership.

I need to export the members list for some groups, I am using ldifde for the same. When I export the members list for some groups then result is fine.

But when I am doing the same for some other groups then in the output I am not getting the proper name of members, instead of names I am getting the GUID kind of thing.

Below example contains the o/p for "Domain admins" group" but it intermitently happens with normally created groups also.

C:\>ldifde -f kapil.txt -d "cn=Domain Admins,cn=users,dc=xyz,dc=com" -l "member"

dn: CN=Domain Admins,CN=Users,DC=xyz,DC=com

changetype: add

member:: Q049RXZ0TG9nQWRtLE9VPUFkbWluaXN0cmF0b3JzLE9VPUd1cm dhb24sREM9aW5kLERDPWdlY2lzLERDPWFk

member:: Q049U1JJTklWQVMgU0FUWUFWT0xVLE9VPUlFIFNldHRpbmdzIE VuYWJsZWQsT1U9VXBwYWwsT1U9VXNlcnMsT1U9SHlkZXJhYmFk LERDPWluZCxEQz1nZWNpcyxEQz1hZA==

We have two differrnt forests. In other forest this works fine w/o fail for all the groups.

What could be the reason behind this and how to get it resolved?
    Kapil Sharma
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Life is too short, Enjoy It.

Re: Ldifde is giving the GUID instead of names while fetching the group membership.

Any luck on this.............?
    Kapil Sharma
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Re: Ldifde is giving the GUID instead of names while fetching the group membership.

When you manually look at the group via ADUC, are those entries resolved to actual accounts ?
      Guy Teverovsky
      "Smith & Wesson - the original point and click interface"

Comment

Yes,

When i look through ADUC, it shows the name of group members in proper format.
        Kapil Sharma
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Looks like you have non-ASCII characters in the DN of those accounts.
          Add "-u" switch to ldifde.exe and that should fix the issue.
          Guy Teverovsky
          "Smith & Wesson - the original point and click interface"

Comment

Thanks.

It worked like a charm................
            Kapil Sharma
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
            X