Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mailbox Storage Limit Increase not replicating to child domain

First Post!!

Enterprise environment with 11 child domains. I'm at the root forest level, I search for the user in AD under the "entire domain". Find the user, increase storage limit and in all but this case, the change isn't replicating. It's been two days. I've forced replication to the site/sites and no change.

I've monitor the replication process by pushing and pulling via replmon and still nothing...it comes back clean and with success.

I've compared the profiles and nothings different from the user I'm having issues with over another user I changed earlier in the week without any issues.

The forest consists of W2K3 SP2 for all OS's and Exchange 2K3 SP2.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by JAzad; 1st November 2007, 15:08.

Re: Mailbox Storage Limit Increase not replicating to child domain

Open Active Directory Users and Computers on any machine where change is not being reflected.

Then from the same console right click the domain and connect to the DC on which you made the change and let us know weather the changes are visible or not here?

Regards,
    Kapil Sharma
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Life is too short, Enjoy It.

Comment

Confirmed: The AD profile change (storage limit increase) has replicated to all DC's within the child domain.

Here's the error message.

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: test2
      Sent: 11/1/2007 9:40 AM

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

"User" on 11/1/2007 9:37 AM
      The message could not be delivered because the recipient's mailbox is full.
      <ES-MSG-011... #5.2.2>
      Last edited by JAzad; 1st November 2007, 15:40.

Comment

RESOLVED:

The user in question had a mailbox size of 2.5GB. The storage group was within a No-Storeage Limit Policy. Therefore, by setting the mailbox size to 500MB, it prohibited the user from sending/receiving.

I reverted the the AD profile for the user to the defualt settings...which is set to no limit.

I'm working on a way to remove the No-Storeage Limity Policy and force the users to use set policies (2GB) and then start to archive locally.

Comment

You could do worse than look at a mailbox archiving tool - like for instance Enterprise KVault. It basically archives mails off into offline storage but makes them available for recovery from within Outlook. Simply by double-clicking on an archived mail (which appears as normal in your inbox with an icon next to it) you can immediately recover it and use it.

It keeps mailbox sizes easily manageable without the user losing old mails in a humungous PST file.

Tom
          For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

That's so weird that you say that...I have Symantec in right now running an assesment on our environment on the best way to deploy EV.

IBM Blades with 13 TB of storage on a SAN. That's what it looks like right now. We have 32,000 user's and growing. Looking to migrate onto Exchange 2K7 soon too.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X