Can't figger out why my user can't access this folder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't figger out why my user can't access this folder

I have a user "JulianTest" which needs to access a folder on the server SVH-SRVLN. Here's the folder structure and associated groups:

Shared, shared as "WetPark" with "Domain Users" set for Change & Read permissions. Security set to "Domain Admins" with Full, "Domain Users" with RE, L & R, "System" with Full.

Finance, subfolder of Shared. Security set to "Domain Admins" with Full, "gShr_SVH-SRVLN_DFS_Finance_Root" with RE, L & R, "System" with Full.

Credit Dept, subfolder of Finance. Security set to "Domain Admins" with Full, "gShr_SVH-SRVLN_Finance_CreditDept_Change" with Modify, "System" with Full.

JulianTest is a member of the group "gShr_SVH-SRVLN_Finance_CreditDept_Change". This group is a member of "gShr_SVH-SRVLN_DFS_Finance_Root"

As far as I can tell, the Share "WetPark" will allow all users into the folder "Shared" with Modify permissions. The security on the Shared folder will allow my user access as he is a Domain User.

My user should be able to access the Finance folder as he is a member of "gShr_SVH-SRVLN_Finance_CreditDept_Change" which is a member of "gShr_SVH-SRVLN_DFS_Finance_Root".

My user can not access the Finance folder. However, my user can access the Credit Dept folder with Full access.

Why is my user not allowed into the Finance folder? I ran an Effective Permissions on the Finance folder for JulianTest and received TE, L, RA & REA permissions.
    |
    +-- JDMils
    |
    +-- Regional Systems Engineer, DotNet programmer & Jack of all trades
    |

Re: Can't figger out why my user can't access this folder

Hello.

Is it the same if the users loggs on from another client?

I've seen cases where the client itself is denied access but the user has been granted access.

Patrik

Comment

Re: Can't figger out why my user can't access this folder

Do both "gShr_SVH-SRVLN_Finance_CreditDept_Change"and "gShr_SVH-SRVLN_DFS_Finance_Root" groups show up in the output of "ifmember /list" (part of support tools) of the user in question ?
      Guy Teverovsky
      "Smith & Wesson - the original point and click interface"

Comment

Working...
      X